Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Easy Thai Red Curry

My friends came over and I had nothing to feed them so I whipped this up in 15 minutes (I have witnesses).

Ingredients:
1 lb shrimp peeled, deveined (I like tails on)
1 (14 oz) can of coconut milk
2 tbsp red curry paste (buy at any asian market like Ranch 99)
2 tbsp fish sauce (makes it more authentic but can do without, also at asian markets. It's called Num Pla)
2 tbsp brown sugar (can use regular)
2 cups assorted veggies cut into 1 inch chunks. I like zucchini, red bell pepper, peas)
1 can chinese straw mushrooms (at any supermarket like Safeway)
1 (8 oz) can bamboo shoots (optional)
1 lime or lemon

In a large pan bring coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce and brown sugar to a boil
Add vegetables, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer until shrimp are pink (don't overcook)
Serve with rice

No comments: